MasterEmaco P 5000AP - Single component, cement based, multi-use, bonding and active protective primer
How does MasterEmaco P 5000AP work?
MasterEmaco P 5000 AP active primer, not only reinstates a high pH environment it also contains active corrosion inhibiting additives for the protection of reinforcement steel. It can also be used as an adhesive bonding slurry for subsequent repair mortars.
MasterEmaco P 5000 AP is a ready-to-use material that contains portland cement, well graded fine fillers, re-dispersible powder and special additives. When mixed with water, it forms a slurry that can be applied by brush to the clean exposed reinforcement, or directly on the dampened, prepared concrete substrate when used as a bonding coat.
What are the advantages of MasterEmaco P 5000AP?
- Meets all major national and international norms for steel priming in concrete repair systems
- Excellent rust inhibiting properties as it reinstates a high pH environment.
- Contains active corrosion inhibitors to further protect the steel
- Polymer modified for additional adhesive bond to the steel
- Does not affect the pull out strength of reinforcement steel
- Perfect compatibility with steel rebars and concrete or repair mortars
- Simply mixed with water
- Multi-use: can also be used as bonding slurry to improve bond and application
- Thicknesses of MasterEmaco repair mortars on prepared concrete surfaces
- Light grey/off white colour for easy site control of reinforcement coverage
- Supplied in re-usable air-tight containers
- Low chromate (Cr[VI] < 2 ppm ).
Where is MasterEmaco P 5000AP applied?
MasterEmaco P 5000 AP is used for the protection of reinforcement steel:
- When steel is visible and the available depth of cover is less than 10 mm
- When concrete is contaminated with chlorides
- In critical environments when extra protection is specified
- When the timing at the jobsite does not allow for the repair mortars to be applied immediately after cleaning the steel
MasterEmaco P 5000 AP can also be used to aid bond and application properties of hand applied repair mortars in extreme thicknesses and conditions.