MasterProtect 8000 CI Advanced organo functional silane based corrosion inhibitor
How does MasterProtect 8000 CI work?
MasterProtect 8000 CI is a single component, ready to use, low viscosity, clear liquid which combines the proven effectiveness of penetrative silane treatments for the control of moisture and Chloride ion ingress with advanced organo functional corrosion inhibition.
MasterProtect 8000 CI is sprayed directly onto the surface of steel reinforced concrete structures and buildings.
What is MasterProtect 8000 CI used for?
MasterProtect 8000 CI is equally suited to cast in situ, precast, post-tensioned, pre-stressed, GFRC, or other steel reinforced concrete.
It is particularly suited for the protection of:
- Bridge decks, piers columns and beams
- Multi-Storey Car Parks, building facades and balconies
- Marine jetties and structures
MasterProtect 8000 CI can be used as part of an overall repair strategy using MasterEmaco Concrete Repair Systems to mitigate corrosion rates within the balance of the structure and significantly reduce the possibility of “ring anode” induced spalling at a later date.
Equally MasterProtect 8000 CI can be used as a cost effective preventative measure before the onset of corrosion induced problems occur.
What are the benefits of MasterProtect 8000 CI?
MasterProtect 8000 CI is a unique product that offers the following advanatges:
- Dramatically reduces chloride induced corrosion of concrete steel reinforcement
- Reduces corrosion in carbonated reinforced concrete
- Works at the molecular level to effectively inhibit macrocell (rebar to rebar) and microcell (on the same rebar) corrosion
- Proven long term effectiveness in laboratory and field trials >10 years proven performance in aggressive environment subject to de-icing salts and vehicular traffic
- Equally effective in high humidity conditions
- Chemically bonds to steel, cement paste and other silaceous material – will not wash orleach out during wetting / drying cycles, ensuring extended active life
- Simple and easy to use
- Does not discolour or change appearance of concrete
- Breathable vapour permeable treatment
- Repels further ingress by chlorides and water