Enershield-HP - Vapor Permeable Air/Water-Resistive Barrier Membrane
What is Enershield-HP?
Enershield-HP is a one-component, fluid-applied vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier based on Silica Fortified RubberTM chemistry. This waterproof, resilient coating may be spray-, roller-, brush-, or trowelapplied directly to approved above grade wall substrates. It provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco. A slipsheet is required for stucco claddings.
Where can Enershield – HP be applied ?
ENERSHIELD-HP can be use over the following exterior wall substrates:
- Poured concrete/unit masonry
- poured concrete/unit masonry treated with Enershield-FIL,
- ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlassTM exterior sheathing, eXPTM sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, SecurockTM glass-mat sheathing, Weather DefenseTM Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass®sheathing,
- PermaBaseTM cement-board by National Gypsum and other cement-boards (ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior)
- Untreated Exposure I or exterior plywood sheathing (grade C-D or better)
- Untreated Exposure I OSB, gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396).
|ICC ESR-3209 Evaluation Report||Confirms compliance with IBC, IRC, and IECL requirements.|
|ABAA evaluated||Approved for projects requiring ABAA specifications and quality assurance|
|<1% of allowable air leakage per ASTM E2357 Air Leakage of Building Assemblies test||Easily meets air tightness requirements defined by ASHRAE 189.1,|
ASHRAE 90.1 and ABAA
|Meets ASTM D1970 nail sealability requirements with and without Sheathing Fabric||Self sealing performance|
|One component, low-VOC formulation||Easy to apply, meets VOC requirements in all 50 states|
|Nonflammable as applied||Workplace safety|
|Mineral oil and plasticizer free||Will not dry out or crack due to loss of oil / plasticizer over time|
|Water based||Cleans up with water; solvents and citrus based cleaners not required|
|Tough, abrasion resistant||Rugged membrane resists damage after installation|
|Approved for use with BASF EIFS and stucco systems||Full system warranty, seamless membrane for buildings with multiple claddings|
|Low temperature performance with LT Additive||Extends minimum application temperature to 4˚C|
|180 day outdoor exposure rating||Flexible construction scheduling|